At the end of the course the students
- Appreciate the historical perspectives, trends and issues in obstetric Nursing
- Identify the anatomical, physiological and psychosocial changes take place during pregnancy.
- Render comprehensive care to mother during antenatal, natal and post partum periods.
- Demonstrate beginning skills in conducting normal deliveries.
- Identify and manage abnormalities and complications of pregnancy, labour and puerperium. 6. Demonstrate competence in caring fore high risk newborn.
- Describe the pharmacological agents, their effects during, pregnancy, childbirth, puerperium, lactation and role of the nurse
- Describe the recent advancement in contraceptive technology, birth control measures and role of the nurse.
- Give health education to antenatal, intranatal, postnatal mothers and their family members.
- Explain the legal and ethical issues pertaining to obstetric nursing